It is very easy to demonstrate that materialism cannot explain consciousness. First, show that none of the materialist explanations for consciousness are valid:
- Consciousness is not an illusion or an epiphenomenon of the brain.
- Consciousness Cannot be an Emergent Property of the Brain".
- Claiming consciousness is an emergent property of the brain is just an fancy way of saying, "Materialism cannot explain consciousness".
- Consciousness, a subjective phenomena that cannot be measured objectively, cannot be produced by physical processes all of which are in principle measurable.
- Correlation does not prove causation. The correlation between brain processes and mental states is not proof that consciousness is produced by the brain. The theory that the brain is a filter of non-physical consciousness explains more of the empirical evidence.
- If materialism were true, natural selection could not produce consciousness.
- Humans are more than biological machines that operate strictly according to physical laws. (If materialism were true, you would not know you are reading these words.)
- The Brain is not a Conscious Computer. Human mathematicians can identify truths that cannot be proven by a computer program. And if you believe your mind operates according to the laws of materialism, like a computer, it is irrational of you to believe anything.
Next, provide evidence that consciousness is not produced by the brain or any physical process and that it survives death:
- Quantum Mechanics
- Shared and Veridical NDEs
- Shared Death Bed Visions
- Multiple witness crisis apparitions
- Philosophical Arguments
(A fundamental failing of the materialist explanation of consciousness is that there is no way to explain through physics why red looks like red, why happy feels happy. You can't go from wavelength and frequency to explain what the subjective experience of seeing the color red is like. You can't explain why certain chemical reactions cause the subjective experience of feeling what happiness feels like. There is something fundamental about consciousness which cannot be explained by materialist science.)
- Mediumship: (Proxy Sittings, Drop-in Communicators, Cross Correspondences)
Then, preemptively refute the skeptical criticisms of this evidence:
- There are valid, scientific uses of anecdotal evidence.
- Materialist "explanations" of Near Death Experiences fall far short of explaining the phenomenon.
- Proxy sittings prove that mediumship cannot be explained by hot reading or cold reading.
- Magicians cannot reproduce the phenomenon of mediumship.
Copyright © 2012, 2014, 2016 by ncu9nc All rights reserved. Texts quoted from other sources are Copyright © by their owners.