Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Direct Voice Medium Leslie Flint. What it is like in the Afterlife.


Leslie Flint was a direct voice medium. He described his work in his autobiography:

I am a medium, I have a rare gift known as the independent direct voice. I do not speak in trance, I need no trumpets or other paraphernalia. The voices of the dead speak directly to their friends or relatives and are located in a space a little above my head and slightly to one side of me. They are objective voices which my sitters can record on their own tape recorders to play later in the privacy of their own homes. Sometimes those who speak from beyond the grave achieve only a whisper, hoarse and strain, at other times they speak clearly and fluently in voices recognizably their own during life.

I do my work by sitting wide awake in total darkness with other people. I know I have learnt more about life and people and human problems and emotions by sitting in the dark than I could possibly have learnt in any other way, and those who have taught me the most are people who, dead to this world, are living in the next.

Taken from Voices in the Dark, Leslie Flint's autobiography.

(If you are interested in obtaining a copy of Leslie Flint's autobiography, check leslieflint.com. It might be available for a lower price there. Used copies are sometimes very expensive. I am not affiliated with leslieflint.com nor am I suggesting you buy the book, I just want to save you some money if you are interested in buying it.)

There is no source of information on the afterlife that is more reliable than the statements of the spirits who communicated through Leslie Flint although other sources may be equally reliable.

Samples of spirit communications from Leslie Flint's séances can be found at leslieflint.com:

Here is an example of what the spirit of George Harris communicated at one of Leslie Flint's séances:

Greene: When you passed over, you found yourself alive. Now, how did you think about things?

...

Harris: Huh! Much the same as being on your side as far as I can make out. There are certain differences, I suppose; course there are. We haven't got all the old worries and the 'eadaches we had like... well... finding wherewithal and all the rest of it.

Greene: Mmm.

Harris: And our life's very much in some ways the same - much the same. Same... As far as I've seen everything's just as solid, just as real. Got our houses and places and interests. Course, we don't have to go out to work. Nothing like that. I don't have to try and earn a few bob. Money doesn't mean nothing here. Money is no consequence at all. You are as you are and what you are.

...

Woods: How do you spend your time on that side?

Harris: Well, I'm interested in building. I was in the building trade and...

Woods: Oh yes.

Harris: ... I very interested in building and I like my job. But here it's like a different... We do build... We do build with materials and things that are real and solid and all that but... Of course you don't do it for money. You don't do it for... you know, because you've got to do it. You do it because you like doing it, because you get pleasure and happiness out of it.

Page 2

I mean there's no business firms or anything like that. But everyone who comes over 'ere - I'm talking about where I am - if they 'ad a trade or something rather special and they enjoyed it and it made 'em happy, they have the same thing 'ere. You get the carpenters, you get the decorators and all that and I suppose whatever you enjoyed doing on Earth, you can still carry on doing it here old chum. And they do say as how over here, you know, that you can do whatever you want to do, until such time as you begin to think a different way.

I mean, I listen to these people from these other places. They come and they talk and they tell you this that and t'other but why should we give up... I mean, why should I give up a condition, as you call it, of life where I'm perfectly happy and perfectly content and I got all the sort of things that interest me. And I... as I say I'm quite happy building, helping others who, you know, were also in the building trade that was on Earth and we build and work together.

And our houses are as real and solid as yours, and some of them are real beautiful, you know. Of course the people that we build for are people that we like, people we're fond of, people who are anxious for something of their own, and their own way of thinking and idea, and it's all worked out. There are people who create 'ere. There are those who are... what you call it... architects and all that. They rough out things, you know, work out things and we follow it out.

Course, there are aspects that ain't the same. I mean, you soon realise you don't want to eat in the same way and there ain't none of the other aspects of life which are common on Earth. But it's funny. It's more like your world but more perfect, without all the irritating things, you know, and the things that... Well, there are no aches and pains. No illness. Ain't seen no 'ospitals, nothing like that, although there again they tell me there are places like 'ospitals but they say they're for mental cases, you know; people that... they're sort of peculiar in the head like, you know. I can't imagine why they should be peculiar in the head over here. But then they do try and tell me for instance and others that have been to these meetings and that where they say as how it's a state of mind; that everywhere where you live's a state of mind and if you think you want to do certain things then you do certain things. But until you learn to sort of look out in a different way you carry on in the same old way.


Copyright © 2015 by ncu9nc All rights reserved. Texts quoted from other sources are Copyright © by their owners.